Dental Exam & Cleaning in Warren
Being attentive to preventive dentistry helps you to not only maintain the highest standard of oral health, but also limit your dental expenditures through emergency treatments. As such, keeping your routine dental visits with W Dentistry in Warren, MI pays dividends, protecting your teeth and smile now and in the future.
Dental Exam & Cleaning in Warren, MI
The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends dental visits every six months, which involve teeth cleaning together with a comprehensive dental exam. Although regular brushing and flossing at home helps to remove food particles and reduce the amount of bacteria in your mouth, there are some areas that are difficult to clean, and some kinds of dirt that can only be removed using professional tools in the dentist’s office, like tartar (hardened plaque).
Poor oral hygiene can lead to a myriad of problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath that cause pain, discomfort, tooth loss, embarrassment, and even affect your general health and wellbeing. Professional teeth cleaning is one of those simple things that can dramatically improve your oral health. Moreover, our Dr. will be able to spot any potential problems in their earliest stages and initiate or recommend remedial action before the problem demands more resources to manage.
What to expect during a routine dental visit in Warren, MI
A routine dental visit that includes professional teeth cleaning takes between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on the condition of your teeth. Here’s what to expect during your appointment:
- Oral exam - First, Our Dr. will examine your mouth using a small mirror to check around your teeth and gums for plaque and tartar, stains, chips and cracks, signs of gum inflammation, and other oral concerns.
- Plaque and tartar removal - Next, we will start cleaning your teeth by removing plaque and tartar on the surface of your teeth, focusing on the areas between the teeth and near the gum line where bacteria congregates, using a scaler.
- Gritty toothpaste cleaning - We will use a high-powered electric brush and gritty toothpaste to gently scrub and polish your teeth.
- Expert flossing - This helps to reach deep between your teeth and clean potential trouble areas that you rarely reach when flossing at home.
- Rinsing - We will then use a liquid fluoride rinse to remove any debris from your mouth.
Please contact our office in Warren, MI to schedule your exam and dental cleaning appointment with W Dentistry, today.